Let's start out with hello. Hi I am Akiva Naive and I am depressed today.
I am depressed for no reason that I can see. For the last few months I have been coming in and out of conscious bubbles where I can see what I want and what I don't.
Reasons for my depressive 'tude;lets take some wild stabs at guessing.
1. Not going to college this semester.
2. Constantly having family ride me like a jockey rides a prize winning horse.
3. Not having a life outside of work
4. Maybe its my lack of sex
5. Just wanting to get away from it all but be held back like with a rubberband.
I want to this to be interactive, so if you have ever been in a mood of discomfort, tell me about how you got out of your funk!
I know what you mean, Akiva. I have those sometimes, too. Mostly it's stuff that's always had me down on and off throughout my life; maybe that makes fighting it easier, like being used to cold water after a while. Sometimes I think it'll suffocate me, but most of the time I have enough hobbies to keep myself busy with. I write, I read, I generally do what I've always done to escape 'real' life. Staying busy is the best thing in the world, for me at least. Whether that means cleaning the toilet like a woman on crack or just zoning out to an old DVD. <3 You sound like someone who rarely just stoops in what depresses her, so I really do believe you'll find something to pull you back out. Maybe surrounding yourself with fun people would be just the thing. :]
ReplyDeleteAkiva.
ReplyDeleteI know of the feelings of 2,3, and 5.
I wish I were 1, and 4 has never really been an issue to me (I'm pretty non-sexual.)
There isn't much I can say to alleviate the depression, since I know I can not, no matter how much I would love to, fix your problems. More than anything, I'd love to solve your number 1 problem, since most of the others would fall by the way-side if it were solved.
However, these things that stand to hinder us currently are building blocks in strengthening our characters. I like to hope this as I see these sorts of obstacles shoved constantly in our paths, and the only thing I can say is, I hope you keep on doing what you're doing, and keep on hoping and working, because I firmly believe you will be rewarded for your efforts and trials.
I'm proud of you for admitting that this bothers you, and you're depressed, since I know you as one who would be hard-pressed to show any other side but the upbeat, regardless of how down-in-the-ground you are. I have faith in you, and I hope you continue to do so.